Friday, January 20, 2017

Erik Hanberg and his path to being an Entrepreneur

The talk given by Erik Hanberg, really struck a cord in me in some ways. When I was younger, I really dreamed about becoming a writer, but felt as though I was never good enough, or skilled enough to do it. Erik has written many books, and is still profiting from them every month, this is something I really looked up to. He inspires me to write that childrens book, even if I might fail.

Another thing I thought was very interesting about Erik, is his business, Side x Side. Erik described his struggles, and successes with his business to the class, what motivated him and what got him through the tough times. I think what we all have to remember is that there will always be tough times on any path you take. Whether that be getting a job at a large corporation, or building your own business. When you're trying to go up a ladder in any business there is always going to be obstacles. I very much liked the fact that Erik did multiple other jobs, while still working on his business, and building it. I believe this is the smartest way to become an entrepreneur, especially when you have a family to take care of. Overall, I really enjoyed Eriks talk, it was very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment